LifePoint’s Statement of Faith has been organized into 10 statements of belief to assist you in understanding what we believe and teach throughout our various ministries.
1. There is only one true God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; John 10:30; Gal. 4:6).
2. All of humanity is sinful and in need of a Savior (Gen. 1-3; Rom. 3:23; Eph. 2:1).
3. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life (Luke 1:26-38; Heb. 4:15).
4. Jesus Christ bodily died upon the Cross as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice for our sins. Salvation comes through none other than Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12; 13:38-39; Rom. 6:23; 10:8-11; 1).
5. After His death and burial, Jesus Christ was bodily raised to life, conquering Death and vanquishing Sin and Evil (Col. 2:15).
6. Jesus Christ will return, and judge the living and the dead (2 Tim. 4:1).
7. The Holy Spirit indwells and gives life to believers, enables them to understand the Scriptures, empowers them for godly living and equips them for service and witness (John 17:15-17; Heb. 10:10, 14; 1 Thes. 4:3-4; 1 John 3:2).
8. The Bible, comprised of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is God’s Living Word, and it is the ultimate and final authority in the Believer’s life (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21; James 1:22-25).
9. The Church is the Body of Christ, comprised of all those who are Christ’s people. These Believers are unified and empowered by the Holy Spirit to accomplish the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 12:12-27; Eph. 1:22-23; 5:24-32; Col. 1:18-28).
10. Jesus specifically and uniquely highlighted His commands for His people to celebrate Communion and Believer’s Baptism. Communion is celebrated to proclaim the death and resurrection of Jesus until He returns, and Believer’s Baptism is an outward sign of an inward profession of faith in Jesus Christ, publicly identifying Jesus’ followers with Him in His death, burial, and resurrection (1 Cor. 11:23-26; Matt. 28:18-20; Rom. 6:1-11).